Stray Dog Arts

Project Love :: A Painting a Day :: "Roman" :: Recent Works by Jessie Marianiello

"Roman"
20" x 30" :: Oil on Canvas :: {sold}
copyright Jessie Marianiello, Stray Dog Arts, All Rights Reserved

Meet Roman, the tennis-ball-loving black Lab! Roman's portrait was commissioned by Keith and Trycia Miller, of Pampered Pooch Playground in St. Louis Park, MN. Pampered Pooch Playground is a great friend of Stray Dog Arts. And my dogs consider Keith and Trycia to be nothing less than FAMILY! Needless to say, I was more than happy to paint a portrait of Roman to be given as a Christmas gift to Trycia's sister.

As many of you might already know, I have a thing about painting tennis balls. Honestly, I'm in love with the beauty, color, and simplicity of those round, slobbery things! Combine it with a cool looking dog and I was in dog-painting heaven!

This is the second portrait I've painted for the Millers. In 2009 I painted a portrait of their own dog, Roxy, a Bernese Mountain Dog, whose painting greets all who enter the lobby of Pampered Pooch. My dogs give Pampered Pooch Playground an ALL-PAWS-UP rating (they love going there soooo much!!!) and I love painting for them just as much!

These days, I've really been enjoying the ways in which my painting is evolving. I love painting for clients on numerous occasions. A special sort of relationship is formed through the act of painting for someone. It is a relationship built on trust and inspiration--and, in my opinion, these are the best sorts of relationships to have.

Read more about Project Love :: A Painting a Day here.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


 





© 2009 Stray Dog Arts, All Rights Reserved