Stray Dog Arts

The Big Launch! :: Project Love :: A Painting a Day :: "Wyatt" :: Recent works by Jessie Marianiello

I hereby proclaim February to be LOVE MONTH!

Oooooh, yeah. Doesn't it feel good?! Project Love is absolutely inspired by the fact that Valentine's Day falls right smack dab in the middle of a great month, but also because I've decided that only one day of celebrating love simply isn't enough!

In honor of all this luuuuv, I've decided that it is time to share some of my most recent works. Long overdue, to be sure! With two solo exhibitions and a highly fueled commission schedule in the past year, I have a lot to share with you!

I will be sharing a painting a day, every day, for the month of February and beyond!

These paintings were not created
in just one day, rather over the course of many days, weeks and months. I've been so busy painting that I haven't had a chance to share the finished work! I'm excited to finally show you what I've been working on over the past year. There has been so much art-loving, four-legged GOODNESS!!!

To kick off Project Love :: A Painting a Day, I introduce to you the most energetic, kissable Boxer in the Universe: Wyatt! I was commissioned to paint Wyatt's portrait as a Christmas gift from Wyatt's mama to his papa. The secret got out of the bag a little earlier than it was meant to, but it was an incredibly fun gift, nonetheless. The process started with a photo shoot this past summer and ended in a 30"x 40" Oil on Canvas, painted portrait.

Working on Wyatt's portrait was a complete and absolute JOY. The colors and composition inspired me on the deepest downest soul level--from the inside out! It always amazes me how, even when I paint until my fingers are about ready to fall off (as pictured), I can still feel so incredibly joy-filled by what emerges from the canvases. Seriously JOY-FILLED!!!

I occasionally ask myself, "What would I do if I could do anything?" My answer always comes back to the work I am currently doing and, for that, I am beyond thankful. Painting causes me to feel extraordinary amounts of love in a million ways--and it also allows me to experience intense inspiration on a daily basis.

What would I do if I could do anything? I would do this.

And so, in honor of LOVE and all the good things that come from it, I look forward to sharing the images and paintings that have filled my days.

HAPPY LOVE MONTH...and beyond!

with more dog love than I know what to do with,
Jessie
xoxo

"Wyatt" :: 30"x 40" Oil on Canvas
copyright Jessie Marianiello, All Rights Reserved

Labels: , , , , , , ,


 





© 2009 Stray Dog Arts, All Rights Reserved