Stray Dog Arts

01.04.12 :: Featured in the Star Tribune! :: 1.2 Million Readers Aint Bad!


Me. My studio. My dogs. And a whole lotta painting! This photo was taken by the fun and immensely talented, Tom Wallace. I live a colorful life filled with more love than I often know what to do with. I'm grateful because I know I'm one of the lucky ones: my livelihood comes from something I am passionate about.

I haven't had a lot of time for blogging in the past year because I've been so busy painting, photographing, adventuring and, of course, doing all the things that one does to make a business tick. I also do things like build soft blanket nests at my feet, a place for my dogs sleep as I work. I drink coffee while standing in the sunshine with a paint brush in my hand. Sometimes I paint all through the night...until the sunrises the next morning...because I get on a roll and just can't seem to stop. Many of my clients become lifelong friends. And it never ceases to amaze me how deeply every single dog or cat or horse that I've ever painted somehow changes me for the better. It seems sort of unbelievable that I'm already booked into summer of 2013 and that I've just booked my next solo exhibition for 2014!

In short, life has been full to the point of bursting. But I'll tell you...I really want to slow down just enough to sit down and write about it once in awhile. ;) There's so much that is happening behind the scenes: with each painting, each person and animal I meet, each cross-country flight, each spark, each brushstroke, each inspiration.... Life goes speeding by, oh, but wouldn't it be nice to simply sit down with it and turn it into words once in awhile? My blog could use a dog pile of love--and so I hope to see you here more often in the coming months. After all, there is SO much to share!!! :)

In the meantime, I hope that 2012 is treating you in all the right ways. I look forward to everything that is to come!

xo,
Jessie

ps.
You can read the full Strib article here. Sharing it better late than never? ;)



 





© 2009 Stray Dog Arts, All Rights Reserved