Stray Dog Arts

Come visit me at the Edina Art Fair! June 5th, 6th and 7th

My studio is exploding with artwork in preparation for this weekend's big event: the Edina Art Fair. You can find me at booth #505--right across the street from the Edina Theater on 50th, near 50th and France in Edina.

Oooh! Oooh! Ooooh! I can't wait! OK, I'm up to my eyeballs in paint and I am once again in the process of pulling magic out of thin air. Magic: that's what I call the act of painting massively large amounts in desperately small amounts of time. I admit, I thrive under this sort of pressure. And I am very excited to unveil some of my latest work including a portrait of "Echo," the beautiful Great Dane belonging to Molly of Metro Pets. I have a few obsessions. One is big, sleek, beautiful dogs. Another is vintage signage. And, let's not forget, there's also my obsession with HUGE paintings! This one measures over 6 feet long. Oh JOY! Big enough to guarantee that I will be putting in a couple more verrry late nights in order to get it finished in time for Friday.

This is the direction I'm headed in (and getting closer!)...



I'm also obsessed with extremes. While working on Echo's giant painting, I've also been working on an entire series of 6"x6" paintings as well as creating 4" square and ATC prints. These are seriously fun! Then again, leave it up to me to make a tennis ball look moody. I've been giving my obsessive tendencies full range to play. And you know what? I feel INSPIRED!!!

Obviously, I should not be blogging. Am I even making sense? Well, if not, I'm gonna blame it on the paint fumes. All I know is that this chica is looking forward to sitting outside in my trusty ol' art fair tent for three days straight! I like to think of it as forced relaxation. Not to mention, I might get to see YOU! :)

 





© 2009 Stray Dog Arts, All Rights Reserved