Stray Dog Arts

Boston Terrier Lovers Unite!


Meet Bogey.
6"x6" Oil on Canvas.

The Boston Terrier Club of Connecticut will be hosting their 113th specialty show this month at the Crowne Plaza in Southbury, Connecticut.

They contacted me last summer to see if I would be willing to donate something for their silent auction to raise money for Boston Terrier rescue efforts and, of course, I was happy to! After all, Bostons ARE an exceedingly beautiful breed to paint. What is it that I love about them so much? I think it's all that black and white, those big beautiful eyes, and perfectly pint-size muscled bodies. Simply put: they have personality!

It was with perfect timing that Bogey's parents contacted me with an inquiry about commissioning a portrait. Little did they know that I would ask to use their beautiful photo for a fundraiser! The original painting has been shipped to Connecticut for a silent auction, but the desire to paint more Bostons just keeps growing!

I am happy to say that Bogey is a very well loved dog--but it makes me sad to think of all the dogs that are abandoned, neglected, or just plain unwanted. I hope this lil' painting might help pay for a Boston in need to find his or her way to a better life.

Boston Rescue could use your help. Consider adopting, fostering, or making a donation today.

In honor of all the beautiful Bogey's of the world, I will be donating 5% of all Boston Terrier commissions to BTTC until April 30th, 2009.


May all dogs be happy!

 





© 2009 Stray Dog Arts, All Rights Reserved