Stray Dog Arts

Featured!! Current and Belated and Current...

I'm happy to share that I am currently being featured in the latest issue of Australia's Urban Animal Magazine. 60 pages of full color glossy reading pleasure! I've been reading their publication ever since Stray Dog Arts was born and have enjoyed many good articles and lots of food for thought.

I feel very honored to be one of their featured artists from around the world.

What Urban Animal has to say about itself:
Urban Animal is a FREE Sydney-based & distributed quarterly, 40,000 copy, 60 page plus, tabloid sized full-colour glossy publication--a lifestyle magazine for animal lovers--celebrating our contemporary pets and our relationships with them. For those with a 'pet lifestyle' and love of our furred, feathered, finned and even scaly companions, we provide entertaining, informative and ethical editorial without advertorial for a witty and stylish look at life shared with our urban animal family.
You can check out Urban Animal for yourself here.

But wait! That's not all! I have another (woefully belated) feature article announcement:

Stray Dog Arts was also featured in the
Fall issue of Modern Dog Magazine!!!

I can't believe that I didn't mention this earlier (where did time go???). Oh, but this announcement was just too good to pass up. I am so very proud of the wonderful full-page feature article written by the talented Marni Wedin.

Modern Dog, the Canadian lifestyle magazine for dogs and their companions, is one of my favorite doggie magazines of all. Great articles, incredible photography, and so much delicious STUFF! Thoughtful and trendy all at once? Yep--this is an urban chic dog magazine at its finest. You can read my "Art Attack" feature in the Fall 2008 issue here.

Another reason I love Modern Dog is because a large part of their mission is "to support the efforts of organizations that work tirelessly to assist abused, neglected or homeless dogs." These are my kind of people. If I wasn't already blessed with a job that I love (painting dogs)...you can bet that I'd be asking them to hire me!

Australia, Canada...I am happy beyond words to be reaching an international audience. But there is another very important aspect of my work--and that is the dogs of my own city: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. What do these dogs spell? H.O.M.E.

The latest and most current feature was bestowed upon me by Sidewalk Dog, Inc. in their "Gifts to Delight Dogs and Dog Lovers." Let me just say that I LOVE Sidewalk Dog! Founded by two extraordinary women, Alice and Ali are at the hub of Minneapolis canine culture, urban style. Keep your eyes open for upcoming events, awesome articles, and an online directory of dog-friendly businesses worth checking out. You can visit Sidewalk Dog here.



Signing off with much gratitude,
Jessie
~

 





© 2009 Stray Dog Arts, All Rights Reserved