Stray Dog Arts

Lovely Letters and Words :: Now Available! ::


I bet you thought that I only painted dogs. Well, the truth is that I paint mostly dogs. I paint dogs on a full-time basis, but (SURPRISE!!!) I also paint cats and people and coffee cups and letters and landscapes and.... I guess you could say that this is one of the things I love most about being a "stray dog." There's always room for discovery, play, and adventure. Or, at least, there should be!

I am proud to announce that I finally, yes FINALLY, have brand-spankin'-new alphabet prints for sale on "other" Etsy. Just in time for the holidays. ;) These are Giclee Fine Art prints on gallery stretched canvas, each measuring 8"x 8". I don't mean to brag, but they doooo look pretty dang cool. Hang alone, build words, spell names, or collect the whole alphabet.

SPELL YOUR PETS' NAMES!!!
You know they'll love you for it!


I have had so much fun with this project. It started out as a commission, but somewhere along the lines, took on a life of its own. It has taken me many months to complete, but was well worth the energy. The originals are 18"x 18" oil on canvas and will be installed in a grid to create an 8 foot x 8 foot alphabet masterpiece. Each piece was inspired by vintage metal or wood signage--from Las Vegas bone yard signage to Minneapolis cafes (and everywhere in between!). Would it be obvious if I told you: I have acquired a newfound love of LETTERS!!

They have now been added to my Patch of Sky Etsy and are available for purchase. Keep an eye out because I will be adding words and prints on a regular basis! :) In the meantime, hopefully this will be enough to get you started. ;)

Visit my Patch of Sky Etsy here:


Happy Spelling!!!
...and Thanksgiving love to everyone!


* * *

P.S.
don't forget to check out the
Stray Dog Arts Etsy while you're at it! :)


~

 





© 2009 Stray Dog Arts, All Rights Reserved